Child Care Centre Director
Child Care Centre Manager
Directs the activities of a child care centre or service.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- directs and supervises child care workers in providing care and supervision for young children
- develops and implements programs to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children
- provides care for children in before-school, after-school, day and vacation care centres
- manages physical facilities and ensures all buildings and equipment are maintained
- ensures the centre is a safe area for all children, staff and visitors
- maintains records and accounts for the centre
- complies with government requirements and standards that may effect funding and continued service
- liaises with parents
- recruits staff and coordinates professional development
- develops and implements policies on a broad range of issues