Displays and demonstrates goods at commercial premises, exhibitions or private homes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sets up displays and demonstrates merchandise to commercial customers or to guests in private homes
- answers questions and offers advice on the use of products
- sells items or directs purchasers to the sales counter
- undertakes merchandising of products in retail outlets, ensuring there is adequate stock attractively presented for sale
- takes orders and makes arrangements for payment, delivery or collection
- offers sample items or distributes catalogues or other literature advertising items for sale
- may demonstrate new products and services at manufacturers' exhibitions and industry trade shows
- may confer with party sponsor and guests and arrange sponsorship of other house parties for private home demonstrations