6194-13 Taxation Inspector
Inspects and assesses taxation returns to ensure compliance with government legislation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- carries out random checks of documents to detect non-compliance with taxation rules
- investigates suspected breaches of taxation legislation
- conducts interviews with taxpayers and their representatives
- reviews client files
- assesses stamp duty and other tax obligations
- participates in the education of payers and payees about taxation obligations
- answers telephone inquiries
- may advise taxpayers and their representatives on the applications of tax laws