4611-11 Farm Overseer
Supervises and coordinates the activities of Farm Hands.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification and at least 3 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- organises farming activities and allocates duties to Farm Hands
- ensures deadlines are met for activities such as seeding and harvesting
- organises transportation for livestock and crops
- confers with managers to coordinate activities with other farming or organisational units
- maintains attendance records and rosters
- explains and enforces safety regulations
- oversees the work of farming units and suggests improvements and changes
- confers with workers to resolve grievances
- may hire casual workers during peak seasonal activity
- may perform the tasks of a Farm Hand