UNIT GROUP 1213 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS plan, administer and review activities concerned with staff selection, training and development, conditions of employment and other human resource issues within organisations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- directing the formulation of human resource management strategies, policies and plans to meet business needs
- advising and assisting managers in applying sound recruitment and selection practices and appropriate induction, training and development programs
- developing and implementing performance management systems, to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
- representing the organisation in negotiations with unions and employees, to determine remuneration and other conditions of employment
- overseeing the maintenance of personnel records to facilitate payroll, superannuation, and various human resource information system requirements
- developing and implementing occupational health and safety programs, equal employment opportunity programs and other matters regarding employee policies and practices