2515-11 Minister of Religion
Performs spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faiths and provide motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of a congregation, parish or community.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. There is a requirement for high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- prepares and conducts services of public worship or acknowledgments of faith
- prepares and delivers sermons, homilies and special talks and plans music for services
- participates in the social and welfare activities of communities, encourages people to be aware of their responsibilities, and organises participation in community projects
- conducts classes of religious instruction, and supervises prayer and discussion groups, retreats and seminars
- conducts pre-marital and family counselling
- refers people to professional service agencies
- visits congregation members in their homes, hospitals or other institutions to provide advice or religious comfort
- performs marriages, funerals and special memorial services according to ecclesiastical and civil law
- keeps records as required by the church or local law
Aboriginal Ceremonial Celebrant
Salvation Army Officer