2512-13 Community Worker
Facilitates community development initiatives and collective solutions within a community to address issues, needs and problems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- researches and analyses community issues, needs and problems
- develops, evaluates and maintains community resources and programs
- evaluates resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities or programs
- interprets identified needs for community organisations, social agencies and groups, stimulates their interest and enlists cooperation
- provides leadership and coordinates programs
- prepares reports, budgets and policies
Community Development Officer
Community Support Worker