6394-15 Gaming Dealer
Deals cards, operates dice games or runs equipment such as roulette wheels.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- deals the game in accordance with casino rules, policies and procedures and ensures that bets are placed within the rules of the game
- checks gaming equipment and ensures it is in good condition
- reports missing or damaged equipment
- checks that appropriate betting limit signs are in place
- checks playing cards
- verifies cash and colour chip change involving larger amounts with the Inspector
- advises patrons on the rules and etiquette of games
- counts the amount of cash chips in the float and enters a closer slip with the corresponding amount in cash total
- calculates and pays winning bets
- monitors the behaviour of patrons, and responds to and controls potentially disruptive behaviour