3391-13 Other Sports Centre Manager
Plans, promotes and controls the activities, facilities and resources of sports centres such as squash, ten-pin bowling, indoor cricket and basketball.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- ensures that all sporting and recreational facilities are properly maintained and conform to safety standards
- organises publicity to promote sporting and recreational facilities and attract clients
- schedules games and competitions
- undertakes coaching and training of clients
- selects, trains and supervises staff
- manages handling of cash receipts
- may plan and organise catering facilities