UNIT GROUP 4986 DRILLERS
DRILLERS move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment used in extracting ore, liquids and gases from the earth.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- dismantling, moving and re-assembling drilling rigs and accessory equipment
- monitoring equipment and progress during drilling operations
- taking samples of ore, liquids and gases and packaging them
- operating auxiliary equipment such as pumps for the expulsion of air, water or mud
- recording performance details and information obtained from wells and keeping logs detailing operations
- carrying out minor maintenance and repairs, lubricating and cleaning equipment