Motor Vehicle Parts Interpreter
Automotive Parts Interpreter
Sells motor vehicle accessories and spare parts in retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- sells products such as vehicle spare parts, tyres, tubes, car radios and cassettes, seat covers, lights, tow bars, mirrors, batteries, lubricating oils, petrol and petroleum products
- receives orders for parts
- determines part sizes and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year
- searches microfiche and computer lists or books to find part numbers and cost
- obtains parts from storage
- calculates sales tax, discounts and prices to prepare accounts
- packages and despatches parts
- unpacks, sorts and stores parts
- collects and delivers parts
- may arrange for products to be installed