UNIT GROUP 8311 GUARDS AND SECURITY OFFICERS
GUARDS AND SECURITY OFFICERS patrol and guard properties such as industrial and commercial premises, or provide armed escort services for the transport of cash and other valuables.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- patrolling areas and checking doors, windows and gates for unauthorised entry
- watching for irregularities such as fire hazards, malfunctions of machinery or equipment, lights left on, leaking water pipes and unlocked security doors
- issuing security passes to authorised visitors and giving directions
- recording times of entry and departure of authorised persons and times of inspections
- monitoring alarms and contacting supervisors, fire brigades or police by radio or phone if security is breached
- picking up and ensuring the safe delivery of cash, payroll or valuables
- operating coin and currency counting machines
- carrying out cash counting and packaging functions