UNIT GROUP 9212 PRODUCT ASSEMBLERS
PRODUCT ASSEMBLERS assemble components and sub-assemblies of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- locating, positioning and securing components on workbenches
- punching or drilling mounting holes in parts or assembled products
- assembling and securing components in sequence
- assembling parts by nailing, screwing, gluing and dowelling, riveting, crimping, soldering or spot welding wire and components
- deburring and finishing items using files, grinding wheels or emery paper
- fitting hardware items such as hinges, catches and knobs to parts