2291-11 Personnel Officer
Provides staffing and personnel administration services in support of an organisation's human resources policies and programs.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conducts analyses to determine staffing needs
- arranges for advertising of vacancies, interviewing and testing of applicants, and selection of staff
- provides advice and information to management on personnel policies and procedures, staff performance and disciplinary matters
- assists in the planning and provision of staff services, such as canteens, recreational facilities and amenities
- maintains personnel records and associated human resource information systems
- analyses and prepares job descriptions
- arranges the induction of staff and provides information on conditions of service, salaries and promotional opportunities
- may counsel employees and discuss their individual grievances, problems and difficulties
- may assist in the development and implementation of equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and similar programs
- may assist in the organisation of safety programs and procedures
- may supervise personnel clerks
Workforce Planning Analyst