4992-13 Camera Operator (Film, Television or Video)
Sets up and operates cameras to photograph scenes for film, television and video productions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- confers with production management to receive instructions on positioning of cameras and the types of film and equipment to be used
- selects and attaches lenses and film magazines or video tape to cameras and adjusts focus and distance settings
- ensures cameras and associated equipment are fully operational
- views scenes through view finders and monitors and makes final adjustments to cameras
- starts cameras and photographs scenes
- moves cameras and adjusts controls to follow action of scenes being photographed
- liaises with other technical staff to achieve optimum picture quality
Focus Puller (Film)