7291-15 Reinforced Plastic and Composite Production Worker
Operates machines to apply gelcoat, colouring and fibre reinforced plastic to moulds to produce fibreglass and laminated products.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- selects and applies gelcoats and pigments
- adjusts temperature, catalyst levels and spray gun settings
- sprays trial panels and moulds
- cleans and maintains equipment
- may perform hand layup of fibreglass products, spray lamination, filament winding or centrifugal casting
- may roll fibrous mass to remove air and compact it
Fibreglass Hand Laminator
Resin Transfer Moulding Machine Operator