Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,838,333 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% December quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Sep 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% January 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 22 February 2018Moderate increase in average earnings to Nov 2017Average Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Thursday 22 February 2018Detailed monthly Labour Force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Wednesday 21 February 2018Wages rise 0.6% seasonally adjustedWage Price Index, Australia
- Wednesday 21 February 2018Construction work done rises in trend termsConstruction Work Done, Australia, Preliminary
- Tuesday 20 February 2018ABS announces further redundancy program
Getting set for school with facts and stats from the ABS Aussie kids go Back to School – ABS facts and stats When it comes to returning to school, the ABS can give you the ABCs of statistics about teachers, students and education with a Back-to-School Statistical Fact Sheet.
6401.0 Consumer Price Index, Australia, Dec 2017 Consumer Price Index This quarter the ABS introduced new expenditure weights and implemented methodological changes to maximise the use of transactions data. The CPI is now compiled using over 900,000 prices observations.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working