Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,371,224 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds Consumer price index 1.5% December quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.5% Quarterly change Sep 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,533.10 November 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% January 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 23 February 2017Australia becomes more energy efficientEnergy Account, Australia
- Thursday 23 February 2017Private new capital expenditure falls 2.1% in DecemberPrivate New Capital Expenditure and Expected Expenditure, Australia
- Thursday 23 February 2017Moderate increase in average earnings to November 2016Average Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Thursday 23 February 2017Detailed monthly Labour Force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Wednesday 22 February 2017Wages growth remains at record lowWage Price Index, Australia
Schools, Australia Government school enrolments on the rise Government school enrolments continued to rise slightly to 65.4 per cent in 2016, up from 65.2 per cent the previous year. This follows a 40 year period of decline in the share of government school enrolments, dropping from 79 per cent in 1977 to low of 65.1 per cent in 2014.
Overseas Arrivals and Departures Chinese visitor arrivals hit record high in 2016 Arrivals from China have seen the highest growth of any country over the past 40 years, rising from 500 in 1976 to 1.2 million in 2016. China is now coming close to New Zealand as the most popular source country for visitors to Australia. Arrivals from Vietnam and United Arab Emirates have also grown significantly.
11.6 million megalitres of water were used on Australian farms in 2013-14