Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,290,142 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% September quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% Oct 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 2 December 2016Retail turnover rises 0.5 per cent in OctoberRetail Trade, Australia
- Friday 2 December 2016A profile of people with disability in AustraliaDisability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings (Additional Information)
- Thursday 1 December 2016Community-based corrections continue to riseCorrective Services, Australia
- Thursday 1 December 2016Private new capital expenditure falls 4.0% in SeptemberPrivate New Capital Expenditure and Expected Expenditure, Australia
- Thursday 1 December 2016Working days lost to industrial action up in Sep qtr 16Industrial Disputes, Australia
3301.0 - Births, Australia, 2015 Teenage fertility rate falling The fertility rate of Australian women has remained steady, while teenage fertility has dropped to its lowest rate on record. In 2015, births to mothers aged 19 years and under continued to decline, making up 2.8 per cent of all births, following the previous record low in 2014 of 3.1 per cent.
Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings More people with disability completing year 12 Some 41 per cent of Australians with disability aged 15-64 (living in households) completed year 12 in 2015. This was up from 33.3 per cent in 2009 - an overall increase of 23 per cent, which is greater than the increase for those with no reported disability (14 per cent).
There were 105 male births for every 100 female births in 2014