|Once you have logged into TableBuilder the entry screen will appear. This screen gives you three ways to open a Database:
- Select a Saved Table (you must have previously saved a table in your account).
- Select a predefined topic table.
- Select a database – from the list of available Basic and/or Pro databases.
3.1 Select a saved tableTables you have previously created and saved will be available to open directly from the 'Select a saved table' screen. Once you have opened a table, you are able to edit and retrieve data.
To open a saved table:
- Click on 'Select a Saved Table' arrow.
- Click on the name of the table name you wish to open. The name will then appear in the ‘You have currently selected' box below.
- Click Next to open the saved table.
TIP: If you can’t see the table you want in the list use the arrows at the bottom of the list to scroll through the selections.
3.2 Select a pre-defined topicPre-defined topic tables have been created for TableBuilder Basic users. This selection provides you with a simple table formation to help you get started. If you are unsure which database to use when creating your table, you can select a topic-based table: this will open a TableBuilder Basic database which includes your topic.
To open a database via topic:
- Click on Select a 'Pre-defined Topic' arrow.
- Click on a table. The name will then appear in the ‘You currently have selected” box below.
- Click Next. Your selected table will open.
3.3 Select a databaseTo create a new table, you must first select a database. The choice of database determines the data items available to create your table.
In TableBuilder you can combine any valid person, family and dwelling variables in one table. These data items are restricted to prevent invalid tables being created by using an incorrect counting method (or summation option). To prevent this from occurring, the databases available in TableBuilder each offer a different valid method of count and geographic location.
If you have a TableBuilder Pro licence, you will be able to see TableBuilder Pro databases. If you are registered for TableBuilder Basic registration, you will be able to see TableBuilder Basic databases and the pre-defined Census topic tables.
Full details of all the available data included in TableBuilder Basic and TableBuilder Pro are located in Chapter 12.
To select a database:
Note: If you already have a table open, you will need to change database (see 4.1)
- Click on the Select a Database arrow.
- Click on the name of the database in the list that you want to open. The name of the database will appear in the ‘You have currently selected’ box below.
- Click Next to open the database.
TIP: If you can’t see the database in the list, use the arrows at the bottom of the list to scroll through the selections.
Data & geography
Help & FAQs
- Getting started
- Opening a table or database
- Working with tables
- Large table preview mode
- My custom data
- My tables
- Working with graphs
- Working with maps
- Overview of navigation & actions toolbar
- Further assistance & information
- Method of count
- Geographic classifications
User manual pdf
Services & support