Provides an overview of the major education and training related classifications and definitions, and assists users wishing to gain a broad understanding of these classifications. This will aid the interpretation and analysis of ABS education and training statistics.
Classifications & Definitions
- Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS): Volume 1 - Main Structure and Greater Capital City Statistical Area, July 2011 (cat. no. 1270.0.55.001)
The Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS) provides a common framework of statistical geography which enables the production of statistics that are comparable and can be spatially integrated.
- Standard Australian Classification of Countries, Second Edition (cat. no. 1269.0)
The Standard Australian Classification of Countries (SACC) is intended for use whenever population or economic statistics are classified by country.
- ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1 (cat. no. 1220.0)
The Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) is a skill-based classification which encompasses all occupations in the Australian work force.
- Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification, 2006 (Revision 1.0) (cat. no. 1292.0)
The Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) has been developed for use in the compilation and analysis of industry statistics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Australian Standard Classification of Education, 2001 (cat. no. 1272.0)
The Australian Standard Classification of Education (ASCED) is comprised of two component classifications, Level of Education and Field of Education. It provides a basis for comparable administrative and statistical data on educational activities and attainment classified by level and field.
- International Standard Classification of Education (cat. no. 1272.0)
The International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) enables comparisons of education statistics and indicators within and between countries.
- Methods, Classifications, Concepts and Standards
Library: Contains information on ABS classifications, concepts, sources, methods and statistical frameworks.
- Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage
The Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) is a measure that enables comparisons to be made across schools.
This page last updated 24 June 2013