Work in progress
Back to Main Page
Results for April 2013, Sales of New Motor Vehicles (cat. no. 9314.0) were released on 15 May 2013.
Survey of Motor Vehicle Use, Australia, 12 months ended 30 June 2012 (cat. no. 9208.0) Released on 23 April 2013
Results from the Motor Vehicle Census, Australia, 31 January 2012 (cat. no. 9309.0) Released on 22 August 2012.
A website containing metadata for Australian transportation datasets, Transmet - The Metadata Portal was released on 8 December 2010.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Australian Transportation Data Action Network (ATDAN)
The Australian Transportation Data Action Network (ATDAN) is an advisory and action group responsible for providing leadership in transportation data. The group is chaired by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and comprises representatives from Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DOIT), National Transport Commission (NTC) and jurisdictional transport agencies. ATDAN meets at least twice yearly.
ATDAN provides advice to the Transport and Infrastructure Senior Officers Committee (TISOC) and the Standing Committee on Transport and Infrastructure (SCOTI) on decisions regarding strategic transportation data issues. The group also undertakes projects to improve transportation data collection, and develops and promotes the use of metadata standards and frameworks.
The objectives of ATDAN are to:
- Provide leadership in national transportation data;
- Implement policy decisions regarding transportation data;
- Support and ensure visibility of national transportation data;
- Facilitate harmonisation of national transportation data; and
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the ABS Data Quality Framework as endorsed by the Council of Australian Governments and transport ministers.
This page first published 1 December 2006, last updated 16 May 2013