|The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) produces statistics on a wide range of family and community wellbeing related matters including community functioning and social capital. It seeks to complement and add value to existing statistical activity through an active partnership with key agencies, including the States and Territories.|
In collaboration with others, the ABS aims to:
- Provide leadership in the development of community functioning and social capital related statistics in Australia.
- Monitor and coordinate statistical activities across various sectors to help promote frameworks and standards and improve data quality, comparability and coverage.
- Improve the understanding of trends and current issues, through its own analysis, and by supporting analysis by others.
- Research, develop and test new social capital and community functioning surveys.
- Produce thematic products and reports presenting information on community functioning and social capital related issues.
This Topics @ a Glance page provides a guide to both ABS and non ABS data on Social Capital in Australia. Included are links to further sources of information.
This page first published 21 March 2006, last updated 29 August 2012