Release of services industries data
- Australian Industry (cat.no. 8155.0). Presents estimates derived using a combination of data from the Economic Activity Survey and business tax data sourced from the Australian Tax Office. For most industry divisions and subdivisions (as specified in the Australian and New Zealand Industrial Classification (ANZSIC), 2006 edition), estimates at a national level are presented of: income; expenses; industry value added; operating profit before tax; capital expenditure; and selected components of these aggregates and derivations. State/territory estimates of income, employment, and wages and salaries, at the division level are also included.
- Shipments of Wine and Brandy in Australia by Australian Winemakers and Importers (cat.no. 8504.0). Presents information on the quantity of Australian produced wine (classified by type - fortified, table, sparkling, etc) and brandy sales. Sales of table wine are classified by container type for both white and red/rose table wine. Sales of fortified wine are further classified by container type, with glass containers less than 2 litres split into cream, crusted/crusting and solera fortified; vintage, ruby and tawny fortified; and other. Includes original series for total domestic wine sales; total white and red/rose table wine; white and red/rose table wine in glass containers less than 2 litres; and soft pack white and red/rose table wine. Also includes imports cleared for home consumption.
- Film, Television and Digital Games, 2011-12 (cat. no. 8679.0), Contains information about key industries engaged in television broadcasting, film and video production and post-production, and digital game development activities. Data includes key measures of industry performance, characteristics of employees, sources of income, components of expenditure and amount of production activity undertaken by programme content type.
- Health Care Services, 2009-10 (cat. no. 8570.0), Contains information about Health Care Services in Australia. Data include: income and expenditure, employment, workforce characteristics, state and regional breakdowns of key data items, performance ratios, and patient/client data. Presents estimates of the financial performance and workforce characteristics of private sector businesses and organisations involved in the provision of health care services. These data are compiled from a directly collected survey conducted by the ABS.
- Waste Management Services, 2009-10 (cat. no. 8698.0), Presents estimates of the financial performance of waste management services businesses/organisations. It also provides information on waste facilities operated, waste activities undertaken, quantities of waste received and processed and factors hampering resource recovery.
- Community Services, 2008-09 (cat.no. 8696.0). Contains summary data on expenditure on community service activity by government and private sector organisations. Data are presented by type of community service activity, State and Territory and profit status. This publication also contains data on income, expenditure, employment and volunteers in the following community services sectors: aged care residential services, other residential care services, child care services and other social assistance services.
- Legal Services, 2007-08 (cat. no. 8667.0), Contains information about legal businesses in Australia. Includes the number of legal businesses, employment, wages and salaries, items of income and expenses and net operating profit/surplus. Some data are classified by state.
For more information see Service Industries Releases.
Topics @ a Glance - Service Industries
This page first published 17 November 2006, last updated 10 June 2014