Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,252,555 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.0% Annual change Jun 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% Aug 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 24 October 2016ABS Accenture partnership to transform data collection
- Thursday 20 October 2016Shift to part-time employment continuesLabour Force, Australia
- Wednesday 19 October 2016Personal income of migrants: Comparing linking methodsResearch Paper: Personal Income Tax and Migrants Integrated Dataset (PITMID) 2011-12 Quality Assessment
- Tuesday 18 October 2016Almost 2.7 million Australians informal carersDisability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings
- Tuesday 18 October 2016Older Australians are becoming more activeDisability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings
Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings Video on Australia's Carers In 2015, there were around 856,000 Australians who were the primary carer for someone with disability. Our primary carers were, on average, 55 years old and female. About one-third had disability themselves. Our video and podcast have more information.
ABS.Stat (Beta) New version of ABS.Stat now available ABS.Stat (Beta) provides flexible access to ABS data through a web browser interface and machine-to-machine web services. Improvements have been made to the functionality, performance and stability as well as introducing the developer preferred JSON API web service. New link stat.data.abs.gov.au.
11.6 million megalitres of water were used on Australian farms in 2013-14