Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,658,089 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% June quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.8% Quarterly change Jun 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% August 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 20 September 2017Over 45s experiences with the health systemSurvey of Health Care, Australia
- Wednesday 20 September 2017Participation of older people in the economyDisability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings (Additional Information)
- Tuesday 19 September 2017Sydney and Melbourne drive property price rise of 1.9%Residential Property Price Indexes: Eight Capital Cities
- Tuesday 19 September 2017One in 20 dads take primary parental leaveGender Indicators, Australia
- Tuesday 19 September 2017Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey mail-out on track
Household Income and Wealth, Australia Inequality stable since 2013-14 Results from the 2015-16 Survey of Income and Housing reveal that income inequality has been stable since 2013-14, peaking in the lead up to the Global Financial Crisis in 2008 and varying within a narrow range since then.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey The ABS has released further details on the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey process including advice on how people in remote communities, silent electors, elderly people in residential aged care, people with low vision and Australians overseas can participate.
The 2016 Census counted 23,717,421 people in Australia on Census night