Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,109,916 1 new person every 1 minute and 31 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.1% Quarterly change Mar 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% May 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 23 June 2016Women outnumbering men in AustraliaAustralian Demographic Statistics
- Thursday 23 June 2016Methodological News June 2016 released today.Methodological News
- Thursday 23 June 2016Detailed monthly labour force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Thursday 23 June 2016Detailed quarterly labour force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed, Quarterly
- Thursday 23 June 2016Price statistics update for domestic natural gas marketInformation Paper: Update on the Development of an Oil and Gas Extraction Producer Price Index
Census 2016 Why have a Census? August 9 is Census night, but why do we have a Census? The Census is an important tool Australia uses to help understand who we are, where we live and how we’re changing. Learn more in our informative new video, Why have a Census?
ABS Recruitment Field Officer applications extended The ABS is extending applications for 2016 Census Field Officers. We have a number of positions available across Australia. If you’d like to play a role in shaping the future of Australia, apply online now!
More than 14,000 Australians are employed in renewable energy activities