Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,948,319 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds. Consumer price index 1.9% March quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Dec 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% April 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
Due to scheduled maintenance users may experience a short outage of the ABS website and ABS online products on Saturday 26 May between 08:00am - 12:00pm (Canberra time). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Friday 25 May 2018Services exports to China reach $15.8 billion in 2017International Trade: Supplementary Information, Calendar Year
- Friday 25 May 2018Mining and agriculture drive business growth in 2016-17Australian Industry
- Thursday 24 May 2018Detailed monthly Labour Force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Wednesday 23 May 2018Construction work done increases in MarchConstruction Work Done, Australia, Preliminary
- Tuesday 22 May 2018How far do Australians go to get to work?Census of Population and Housing: Commuting to Work - More Stories from the Census
Review of 2021 Census topics Public consultation is now open What is the most useful information to collect in the 2021 Census? Tell us about your data needs and have a say on the information we collect in the 2021 Census. Learn more and make your submission by 30 June 2018.
ABS 2019 Graduate Program Apply now for the ABS 2019 Graduate Program Join us in informing Australia's important decisions and help shape Australia's future. Graduate vacancies in all capital cities. Don't delay - submit your application today! Applications close 28 May 2018.
6.6 million Aussies drive their car to work, up 500,000 since 2011