1) International merchandise trade statistics are derived from data provided to the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service. Please refer to the "International Merchandise Trade, Australia, Concepts, Sources and Methods" (cat. no. 5489.0) publication for definitions of valuation bases, country, state of origin, state of final destination and gross weight as well as information on trade data editing practices and confidentiality application. Note that confidential data for some SITC categories has been published in the SITC code "Commodities and transactions not classified elsewhere in the SITC". For more information on confidentiality see "International Merchandise Trade: Confidential Commodities List" (cat. no. 5372.0.55.001). Users should also be aware of changes to SITC from revision 3 to revision 4 which introduced small breaks in series between financial years 2004-05 and 2005-06. For more details refer to the information paper: Impact of introducing Revision 4 of the Standard International Trade Classification, 2008 (cat. no. 5368.0.55.010).
2) The list of countries reflects Victoria's top ten total merchandise trading partners (in dollar terms) from 2008-09.
3) Victorian imports are those imported goods released from Customs control within Victoria.
4) Victorian exports are those whose final stage of production or manufacture occurred within Victoria.
5) Commodities are based on Standard International Trade Classification (SITC).
Unless otherwise noted, content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia Licence together with any terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the website Copyright notice. For permission to do anything beyond the scope of this licence and copyright terms contact us.