The following information describes the roles and responsibilities of the Delegate and Contact Officer.
An organisation's Delegate:
- is usually at a more senior level than the Contact Officer
- will act as another point of contact for their organisation when the ABS can't get in touch with a Contact Officer(s)
- can request that a Contact Officer be added or removed from the organisation.
An organisation's Contact Officer is responsible for:
- acting as the point of contact for the ABS when arranging ABS subscriptions
- arranging payment to the ABS for data series subscriptions by the organisation
- removing users who are no longer with their organisation or notifying the ABS to remove them
- maintaining their organisation's contact details in the Registration Centre
- assisting the ABS when there has been a breach by a member of their organisation.
It is recommended that organisations have multiple Contact Officers.
This page last updated 10 August 2015