CProfile software is provided to assist clients in their use of Census Community Profile data in electronic format. Following launch of 2001 Census first release data on June 17, CProfile 2001 will allow you to manipulate, view, print and export the data. It provides the following functionality:
- Display tables of a community profile
- Print a community profile
- Export community profile data to other applications
- Aggregate to define new community profiles
- Rank and sort by demographic characteristics
- Access on-line help
Microsoft Windows 98 or above.
Microsoft Windows 95 users please note: CProfile Software has been tested on Windows 95 OEM Service release 2.1, and it may not be compatible with some very early releases of Windows 95. If your operating system is an earlier version, an error message "OleInitialize failed" may be received during the installation. If this error message appears, CProfile 2001 software will not operate on your computer.
Download the CProfile Software here
17/06/2003 (4.59 Mb)
1. Download the CProfile software from the website onto the hard drive of your PC.
2. Locate the CProfile file, and open it. The installation process will begin.
3. A 'Welcome to CProfile' box will appear, to start the install Click the Next button until the installation is complete.
4. When complete a successfully installed dialogue box will appear, click finished.
Note - The program will be placed in the following directory C:\Program Files\CProfile2001.
5. Place CProfile data files purchased from information Consultancy or the sample files below into the directory at C:\Program Files\CProfile2001. Every geography will have 2 files a .idx and a .dat file, both of these need to be placed in this folder.
CProfile2001 is now ready to run, go to Start > Programs > cprofile2001. CProfile will open displaying a dialogue box with your data files.
If you wish to purchase data in CProfile format, contact the ABS National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070.
If you experience any problems using this software, please contact the Census Technical Helpline on 1800 676 646 for assistance.
This page first published 17 June 2003, last updated 27 October 2006