|The ABS offers you a supportive and friendly working environment, attractive conditions and a competitive salary. |
Our Flex Works initiative means managers will say 'yes' to reasonable requests from employees to work flexibly in line with ABS policies, unless there is a compelling business reason not to. We have many processes in place to help employees balance their work and home lives including:
- flexible work practices (e.g. working from home, flexible working hours, access to part-time and job share arrangements, flextime and time off in lieu, purchased annual leave)
- supportive technology (laptops for all staff, access to skype)
- policies and guidelines
Our commitment to flexible working arrangements was recognised this year with ABS announced on 6 June 2018 as WINNERS of the Federal Government Flexible Working Day Award!
Other benefits include:
- competitive salary rates
- four weeks annual leave and generous sick and carers leave provisions
- access to 14 weeks paid maternity leave
- generous superannuation provisions
- flexible salary packaging, for a car, childcare or additional superannuation contributions
- a commitment to professional development, through our learning and development programs, the ABS Performance Management Framework and secondment opportunities
- access to a study support program for external study
- an active social club that sponsors many annual events such as the ABS Fun Run and ABS Ball, as well as a number of sporting clubs and lunchtime activities.
Further information about the conditions of service offered by the ABS can be found in the ABS Enterprise Agreement.
This page last updated 4 June 2018