What is it?
TableBuilder Pro is the ultimate Census data analysis tool. It provides you with the full Census output record file and supports a huge variety of cross tabulations.
You can extract and manipulate an unlimited number of Census tables and create graphs and thematic maps of Census data. It also has more sophisticated features which allow you to create your own recodes and custom geographies and share these with other people.
You will be able to access census data for ALL topics on the 2011 Census form including age, education, housing, income, transport, religion, ethnicity, occupation and more, from Statistical Area Level 1 (SA1) to all of Australia.
With TableBuilder Pro you get a high performance and availability guarantee and access to a dedicated support line for direct access to ABS experts to help you make the most of the 2011 Census data.
TableBuilder Pro will be available as a charged product (pricing details still being finalised).
Who is it for?
If you're an experienced Census data user and want ultimate freedom to create large and complex tables of Census data - TableBuilder Pro is for you!
In TableBuilder Pro, you start with a blank table so you can choose what you want to build. You are then able to select Census data items to cross-tabulate to produce small or large tables.
You can export smaller tables or view them as a graph or thematic map within TableBuilder Pro.
For larger tables (over 5,000 cells), you construct, preview and submit the tables for processing and download the results to your computer for further interrogation.
TableBuilder Pro is an improved version of the TableBuilder product that was available in 2006.
For 2011, TableBuilder Pro will;
When will it be available?
- be faster and more reliable
- be easier to use to construct tables
- allow you to create and share customised classification groups, including geographies
- have improved spatial selection and display of maps
- have new download formats
- include the range of new 2011 geographies - plus many more
- allow you more time in a session to create your custom tables!
TableBuilder Pro will be open for early registration with empty databases, giving you the opportunity to register and access the product before the 2011 Census data is available.
You can construct custom geographies and classification groups and even design your tables so they are ready to go as soon as the data is available.
The 2011 Census databases for TableBuilder Pro will be released in two phases to coincide with release of the data from the 2011 Census.
What does it do?
TableBuilder Pro allows you to build complex custom tables. You create the tables that you need and easily get them from TableBuilder. It's an extremely powerful tool that allows you to undertake in-depth planning and research.
The key features of TableBuilder Pro are:
|TableBuilder Pro||First data release||Second data release|
|Early 2012||Q3 2012||Q4 2012|
Investigations into a SDMX web services layer are also underway.
2006 TableBuilder will still be accessible, but only with 2006 Census data. TableBuilder Pro will not be compatible with work you have saved previously in TableBuilder 2006. If you have created customised geographies or data items in 2006 TableBuilder you will not be able to use them in conjunction with 2011 Census Data.
What data will be available?
The proposed list of databases that will be available is:
- access to the entire Census Output Record File, that means almost all variables from the 2011 Census Dictionary will be available, including some new 2011 data items
- create or import custom geographies easily so you can share them with other TableBuilder Pro users
- compare data from different geographic areas and share the results with others
- create recodes in the way that you need to suit your unique data needs
- construct large tables of up to 5,000,000 cells
- 'large table mode' allows you to submit tables for processing, reducing the load on your computer
- save tables within the TableBuilder Pro for further use
- thematically map or graph data and take it away in a variety of formats
For the full list of data items in each database, see TableBuilder Pro Data itemsWhat might it look like?
- Counting Persons, Place of Usual Residence
- Counting Persons, Place of Enumeration
- Counting Families, Place of Enumeration
- Counting Dwellings, Place of Enumeration
- Counting Employed Persons, Place of Work
To have a look at what the maps for TableBuilder Pro might look like for 2011 visit ABS Betaworks and follow the Census project link. We are working on the final 'look and feel' of TableBuilder Pro and more details will be released later.
How much will it cost?
The price is yet to be determined.