Customised Data Services
If your needs are more specialised and you are unable to find the data online in the format required, it is probable that you will need customised data services. This is a charged service (in accordance with Commonwealth Cost Recovery Guidelines and ABS Pricing Policy).
Customised Data Services suit users who:
Customised Data Services provide:
- want more detailed information than what is available in the online products
- do not want to spend time extracting the free data available online
- choose not to use TableBuilder
- would like an ABS expert to validate their TableBuilder output
- want historical Census data that isn't available online
- want data in a format or layout that is not available online.
Customised Data Services do NOT provide:
- output created and validated by an ABS expert
- historical Census data
- output based on ASGC, ASGS (excluding Mesh Block) and a range of other geographic classifications
- data on a specific population of interest
- customised data formats not available from online products
- detailed cross-classified data using output variables specified in the Census Dictionary
- training programs aimed at developing users' statistical skills to help make the best use of ABS information.
The Advance Ordering Service provides an opportunity for users to specify requirements for tables prior to release, so that users can access the data as soon as it is available.
Advanced orders can be placed from Thursday 1 March 2012. Users will be able to request a customised table via an online form on the ABS website or by calling the National Information Referral Service (NIRS) on 1300 135 070.
Some users may prefer TableBuilder Pro (see above) as a means of generating their own customised tables.
- Census data at Mesh Block level or any form of customised aggregation of Mesh Block units
- information collected on the Census form for processing purposes only, such as date of birth information
- data that is considered of insufficient quality, such as tables that are sparsely populated or low count cells.