Assets of Superannuation Funds & ADF's (cat. no. 5656.0)
Name of Organisation
Australian Bureau of Statistics
PO Box 10
BELCONNEN ACT 2616
Switchboard: (02) 6252 7911
Facsimile: (02) 6252 7549
Web Site: www.abs.gov.au
Products and Services
Name/Title of Product
Assets of Superannuation Funds and Approved Deposit Funds (cat. no. 5656.0) Data is only available up to 30 June 1995.
Data are also available on PCAUSSTATS.
About these statistics
Mr John Carson
Financial Accounts Section
Telephone: (02) 6252 7109
To purchase these statistics
Please refer to Part C - ABS Services of this directory.
Brings together data on the assets of the superannuation industry. Statistics are provided for various organisations involved with the investment of the assets of superannuation funds and approved deposit funds.
Purpose of Data
To provide information on the size and growth of superannuation funds as a source of savings and also used as an input to the production of the Australian National Accounts: Financial Accounts.
100 largest superannuation and approved deposit funds; 80 fund managers and 29 of the largest life offices.
Superannuation Data Items
Compiled from information collected by the ABS from its Survey of Balance Sheet Information and information collected by the Insurance and Superannuation Commission (ISC) for inclusion in its Quarterly Statistical Bulletin.
Method of Collection
The survey has now ceased; the last statistics were published in the June 1995 publication.
Quarterly up to June 1995.
June 1988 - June 1995.
Confidentiality and Availability
Data are subject to confidentiality restrictions under the Census and Statistics Act 1905.
May be available on request, subject to confidentiality restrictions.
- Total assets of superannuation funds and approved deposit funds by type of asset.
- Assets of superannuation funds held in the Statutory funds of Life Offices by type of asset.
- Total Assets of superannuation funds and ADFs held outside the Statutory funds of Life Offices by type of asset.
- Types of assets of superannuation funds and ADFs held outside the Statutory funds of Life Offices directly invested.
- Types of assets of superannuation funds and ADFs held outside the Statutory funds of Life Offices invested through fund managers