NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
Oct 09 to Nov 09
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.4% in November 2009. This follows a 0.4% increase in both October 2009 and September 2009.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate increased 1.4% in November 2009. This follows an increase of 0.4% in October 2009. The estimate for September 2009 (0.0%) remained unchanged.
- In original terms, Australian turnover increased 2.7% in November 2009. Australian turnover increased 7.0% in November 2009 compared with November 2008.
- In trend terms, Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (1.1%), Food retailing (0.4%), Department stores (0.4%), Household good retailing (0.3%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%) increased in November 2009. Other Retailing (-0.2%) decreased in November 2009.
- All states increased in trend terms: New South Wales (0.7%), Tasmania (0.6%), the Northern Territory (0.6%), South Australia (0.5%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%), Victoria (0.3%), Queensland (0.1%) and Western Australia (0.1%)
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2009 ||4 February 2010|
|January 2010 ||2 March 2010|
|February 2010 ||31 March 2010|
|March 2010 ||6 May 2010|
|April 2010 ||1 June 2010|
|May 2010 ||1 July 2010|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.