FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
Jan 08 to Feb 08
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
Trend estimates -
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
- The trend estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.2% in February 2008. This follows revised increases of 0.3% in both January 2008 and December 2007.
- In February 2008, all states and territories had an increase in the trend estimate, except Queensland (-0.1%) and Western Australia (-0.3%). The largest increase occurred in South Australia and the Northern Territory (both +0.9%).
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- The seasonally adjusted estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series decreased by 0.1% in February 2008. This follows a revised decrease of 0.1% in January 2008 and a revised increase of 0.3% in December 2007.
- All states and territories except Victoria (-1.6%) and Western Australia (-0.6%) had increases in the seasonally adjusted estimate. The largest increases occurred in the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory (both +1.2%) and Queensland (+0.9%).
- In original terms, Australian turnover decreased by 7.5% in February 2008 compared with January 2008. Chains and other large retailers (which are completely enumerated) decreased by 10.0%, while the estimate for 'smaller' retailers (the sampled units) decreased by 4.0%.
- Australian turnover increased by 9.7% in February 2008 compared with February 2007. Chains and other large retailers increased by 11.9%, while 'smaller' retailers increased by 6.8%.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2008 ||2 May 2008|
|April 2008 ||2 June 2008|
|May 2008 ||2 July 2008|
|June 2008 ||31 July 2008|
|July 2008 ||2 September 2008|
|August 2008 ||30 September 2008|
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
Standard errors for the Australian estimates (original data) for February 2008 contained in this publication are:
|Data Series |
|Level of retail turnover ($m) |
|Change from preceding month ($m) |
|% change from preceding month (%) |
For more information see the Explanatory Notes, paragraphs 32-36.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Graham Phillips on Canberra (02) 6252 5625.
This page last updated 1 May 2008