The following goods and services debits components, on a balance of payments basis, have been revised since the release of the December 2012 issue of International Trade in Goods and Services, Australia (cat. no. 5368.0):
- capital goods n.e.s. component of goods debits series, revised back to January 2012
- civil aircraft and confidentialised items component of goods debits series, revised in October 2012
- industrial transport equipment n.e.s. component of goods debits series, revised in November 2012
- legal, accounting, management consulting, public relations and other professional services component of services debits, revised back to October 2012
- architectural, engineering and other technical services component of services debits, revised back to July 2012.
No other components in the balance of payments series have been revised.
Data in this issue aligns with the data in the December quarter 2012 issues of Balance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
(cat. no. 5302.0) released on 5 March 2013, and Australian National Accounts: National Income, Expenditure and Product
(cat. no. 5206.0) released on 6 March 2013.
Table 17 summarises revisions to goods and services on a balance of payments basis, in original current price terms, since the last issue of this publication. In original terms, the revisions have:
- increased the surplus on goods and services for 2011–12 by $338m
- decreased the deficit on goods and services for the six months to December 2012 by $446m.