Australian Bureau of Statistics

Rate the ABS website
ABS Home > Statistics > By Release Date
1362.7 - Regional Statistics, Northern Territory, Mar 2010  
Previous ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 12/03/2010   
   Page tools: Print Print Page Print all pages in this productPrint All RSS Feed RSS Bookmark and Share Search this Product

EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION AND TRAINING


Northern Territory Regional Labour Force, Employment, Education and Training


NORTHERN TERRITORY REGIONAL LABOUR FORCE

According to data produced by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, in the March Quarter 2009 there were 119,042 people in the labour force in the NT. Of these, 62% (73,964) resided in Darwin Statistical Division (SD) which comprises the Statistical Subdivisions (SSDs) of Darwin City, Palmerston-East Arm and Litchfield Shire. The remaining 38% (45,078) resided in Northern Territory - Bal SD. The unemployment rate for Northern Territory - Bal of 6.3% was about three times higher than for Darwin SD (1.9%). Unemployment rates by SSD ranged from a low of 1.8% for Darwin City SSD to a high of 12.1% for Bathurst-Melville SSD.

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE(a), by SSD(b)–Mar Qtr 2009
Graph shows that unemployment rates for March Quarter 2009 range from a high of 12.1% for Bathurst-Melville SSD to a low of 1.8% for Darwin City SSD.

EMPLOYMENT
Description of data availableLink to data

Labour force, by Statistical Division, Statistical Subdivision and Statistical Local Area, NT, Mar Qtr 2009 (ASGC 2006)Labour force, by Statistical Division, Statistical Subdivision and Statistical Local Area: Smoothed series, Mar Qtr 2009
Employed persons by industry, by Statistical Subdivision, NT, 2006 (ASGC 2006)Employed persons by industry, by Statistical Subdivision, NT, 2006
Employed persons by occupation, by Statistical Subdivision, NT, 2006 (ASGC 2006)Employed persons by occupation, by Statistical Subdivision, NT, 2006

EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Description of data availableLink to data

NT Government schools enrolment and attendance statistics, Provincial, Remote and Very Remote geolocations, NT, 2008 and 2009NT Department of Education and Training Enrolment and Attendance Statistics webpage
Government and non-government student enrolments, by Indigenous status, NT, 2008NT Department of Education and Training Publications webpage (under Annual Report 2008–09 Performance Reporting section)
Schools, students and teaching staff by state/territory, 2008Schools, Australia, 2008 (cat. no. 4221.0)
Vocational education and training, by Statistical Subdivision, NT, 2008 (ASGC 2007)Vocational education and training, by Statistical Subdivision, 2008



Bookmark and Share. Opens in a new window

© Commonwealth of Australia 2014

Unless otherwise noted, content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia Licence together with any terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the website Copyright notice. For permission to do anything beyond the scope of this licence and copyright terms contact us.