UNIT GROUP 3334 WALL AND FLOOR TILERS
WALL AND FLOOR TILERS lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- examining plans, measuring and marking surfaces and laying out work
- preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces
- spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position
- using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes
- ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced
- grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout
- applying waterproofing systems
- may lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement or similar composition
- may lay coloured tiles in patterns to create mosaics
333411 Wall and Floor Tiler
333411 WALL AND FLOOR TILER
Lays ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3