TableBuilder Pro is a charged version of TableBuilder. TableBuilder Pro databases are designed for more advanced registered users of Census data who want the freedom to create large and complex tables. TableBuilder Pro provides full access to the large range of Census Output data. It supports a huge variety of cross-classifications; nearly all variables from the Census Dictionary, 2011 are available.
Features of TableBuilder Pro include:
- faster and more reliable than 2006 TableBuilder, with the ability to construct custom tables of Census data up to 5 million cells
- tables can be submitted in ‘large table mode’ for processing, reducing the load on the user’s computer
- access to nearly all Census person, family and dwelling variables
- data can be viewed and exported in a variety of graphs and maps
- improved maps for selecting areas and displaying themes
- custom groups (recodes) of variables or geographic areas can be created and shared (for other databases and with other users via a CSV file)
- new download formats, e.g. PDF and KMZ of a thematic map
- improved usability and customisation of tables
- tables are confidentialised.
TableBuilder Pro provides access to nearly all Census person, family and dwelling variables, supporting a huge variety of cross-tabulations within the available databases. This is a key difference from the limited variables available from the TableBuilder Basic topic databases.
and fact sheets will be available through the Census website to enable users to make the most of this product.
To gain access to TableBuilder Pro 2011, users will need to register and purchase a TableBuilder Pro licence. Users will then be able to access the TableBuilder Pro 2011 shell databases, which are available now, and the 2011 Census first release data when they become available on 7 August 2012.
Please see the Microdata prices page on the ABS website
The 2011 Census databases for TableBuilder Pro will be released in three phases to coincide with release of the data from the 2011 Census. For the release schedules for TableBuilder Pro (and the other 2011 Census products), refer to Appendix 12: 2011 Census Products and Services Release Schedule - by Date and Appendix 13: 2011 Census Products and Services Release Schedule - by Product.
The content of the final databases have been expanded as a response to user feedback. For the full list of TableBuilder Pro databases and data items, see Appendix 9: TableBuilder Pro Data Items.