The ABS.Stat Web Browser
The online window to the ABS.Stat data warehouse is provided by the ABS.Stat Web Browser. This browser has been designed to allow both experienced and new users to rapidly locate and retrieve statistical data and related metadata.
Main features include:
- Table View– construct queries, view data, flags and metadata from a table that includes a number of pivot features for customising the data layout.
- Merged Queries – combine queries to allow cross-dataset comparisons along common dimensions.
- Metadata Access - access all metadata from dataset level down to observation or data point / series footnotes and data flags.
- Full Text Search - rapidly locate series across datasets, data dimensions and metadata.
- Dynamic graphics – visualise data dynamically in a line chart, bar chart or scatter plot chart.
Features in the future will include:
- Links to the latest versions of the most Frequently Requested ABS Data (CPI, GDP figures, etc.)
- Data Basket - save data queries for later viewing, and share them with others.
- Microdata Viewer - access transaction-level microdata as well as aggregate macrodata.