Use TableBuilder's search and filter functionality to quickly find what you are looking for.
Search across all datasets
Search within a selected dataset
SEARCH ACROSS ALL DATASETS
Use the search box (in the top right corner) to search across all data series, with results presented by type - dataset, user table (your saved tables), predefined table, field (variable) and value (category). The results show all datasets that include the search term, whether it is in a dataset name, one of your saved tables, a variable or a category. By default, TableBuilder displays results from all the datasets you have access to.
The results return in a table format with the following columns:
- Item - indicates in which dataset or table the search term has been found
- Type - indicates the type of result: Dataset, User table (saved tables), Field (variables), Value (variable categories)
- Location - indicates the path to locate the search term in the Result.
Select the Filter
tick boxes to narrow down the results so that they only contain items in specific datasets, or items of certain types.
SEARCH WITHIN A SELECTED DATASET
In addition to searching across all the available datasets, you can also search within the currently selected dataset. In the Table view, the Dataset search is in the bottom left corner of the left panel.
Use the search box to display matching variables and categories:
- Searching is not case sensitive.
- Use the arrows to navigate through all the matches: the single arrow displays the next search result, the double arrow displays the final search result.
- Click Clear button to remove the filter and revert to the full list of available variables.
Census TableBuilder example.