ABS 2017 Program Management Office
The Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for providing centralised and coordinated support to the ABS 2017 Group to ensure successful delivery of business process and information management transformation objectives.
The PMO aspires to provide excellence in the areas of project management and business process analysis and re-engineering as well as providing program support in resource management and change management. These four functions will service the various ABS divisions and specifically the ABS 2017 change program with the critical skills and support required to achieve their outcomes by ensuring:
- alignment between strategies, programs and projects
- change governance
- visibility of program management information, including tracking realisation of the business benefits
- consistent application of methodologies, standards, frameworks, processes and tools
- robust business analysis and process re-design
- coordinated delivery of change across the organisation
- efficient utilisation of allocated resources.
The main outputs will be:
- building project management capability, compliant with the Portfolio, Programme, Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3) standard
- to establish Business Process Management capability across the ABS to support investment decision making and performance reporting
- business analysis and process re-engineering services, delivering optimised business processes to the ABS
- standardised program reports and a project management service (including leadership in concepts, processes and templates) to support the program board and the ABS 2017 Program dossier
- an ABS 2017 Program Plan, including agreed governance model, objectives, outcomes and outputs
- an integrated program schedule (eg outputs, deliverables, and timeframes) and visual roadmap
- a high level change management plan including communication and stakeholder engagement components that will be delivered in phases over the duration of the ABS 2017 Program.
The main medium-term developments are to:
- operationalise the new ABS 2017 Program governance model and review its fitness for purpose in six months
- design and implement program support strategies to:
1. optimise the ABS 2017 ongoing monthly reporting to the ABS 2017 and strategic investment program board
2. prepare an integrated schedule of the program dossier (eg outputs, deliverables, and timeframes)
3. conduct robust costs and savings analysis, identifying dependancies to inform ABS 2017 Program Board decisions
4. devise and operationalise communication and engagement plans, opening new channels for communicating ABS 2017 developments
5. build capability in the key enabling areas of business process analysis and re-engineering, project management and change management, providing training where appropriate
(eg through XPL, Diploma in Project Management)
6. improve rigour, processes and tools, compliance to standards and embed ‘best practice’ particularly in relation to business process analysis and re-engineering and project management.
Program Management Office