HARM AND HARMFUL SIDE-EFFECTS
This chapter provides information about harm or harmful side-effects experienced by people in the past year. Respondents were asked whether they had experienced harm or harmful side-effects from any medication, medical care, treatment or test in that time, and if so:
- where they had the medication, medical care, treatment or test that caused the harm or harmful side-effects;
- whether they received information beforehand of the possible risk of harm or harmful side-effects;
- whether they received an explanation of their most recent harm or harmful side-effect;
- how well they understood the explanation provided;
- whether they sought treatment from a health professional; and
- how satisfied they were with the way the situation was handled by the health professional for the most recent incident.