PRESCHOOL PROGRAM SERVICE OPERATION WEEKS
Technical name: Service provider organisation - number of preschool program service operation weeks (calendar year), total NN
METeOR identifier: 450316
METeOR link: N/A
METeOR definition: The total number of weeks per calendar year that the service provider organisation is open to provide preschool program services.
Inclusions: The number of weeks per year that the service provider is open for delivery of a preschool program, for all early childhood education and care services that deliver a preschool program.
- Weeks when the preschool program is not being delivered.
- Early childhood education and care services that do not deliver a preschool program.
The number of weeks per calendar year that the service provider organisation actually provides a preschool program.
Consistent with nominal definition.
Supporting data elements:
The provision of service relates only to the preschool program component (i.e. the number of service operation weeks should only be reported for the weeks in the calendar year that the service provider delivers a preschool program).
Standard Jurisdictional Output Categories
Format: NN, for example:
Maximum character length:
Unit of measure:
90 - No regular pattern of operation through a year
99 - Not stated/inadequately described
2.2.11 LEGAL VALUE CHECKS
Guide for Use
|Edit specifications||Edit resolution |
|If field is blank.||Provide a valid number of operation weeks, otherwise amend to code ‘99’.|
|If operation weeks are greater than 52.||Provide a valid number of operation weeks.|
|If operation weeks are very low.||Provide a valid number of operation weeks.|
- Do not include weeks when the preschool program is not being delivered, for example if the preschool program is operated in a school setting, do not count weeks during school holiday periods when the centre is only open for administrative purposes. This would not be relevant for an LDC if the preschool program continued to operate during the school holidays.
- A week is measured from 12:00AM (midnight) Monday morning to 11:59PM the following Sunday. If a preschool program operates within this period then it is counted as having operated during that week. Therefore if a preschool program operates for only a short time for one of the days within a week, it is counted as operating during that week.
CODE 90 - No regular pattern of operation through a year
- Valid numbers are 01 to 52.
This category is for use when the preschool program has no regular pattern of operation through a year. or is offered on an irregular basis.
CODE 99 - Not stated/inadequately described
For use when the service operation weeks are unknown, not stated or inadequately described. Where the service operation weeks are not stated or inadequately described, the ABS requests that jurisdictions identify the reason for the response and document any follow-up processes undertaken.
Related aggregate data elements: Preschool program service operation weeks