GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION OF ORGANISATION - ASGC 2010 (COLLECTION DISTRICT)
Technical name: Service provider organisation - geographic location (CD), code (ASGC 2010) NNNNNNN
METeOR identifier: 413119
METeOR link: http://meteor.aihw.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/413119
METeOR definition: The geographical location of an agency using a seven-digit numerical code which indicates the Collection District (CD) within the state or territory of Australia.
Inclusions: ASGC 2010 CD code indicating the geographical location at which the preschool program is delivered, for all early childhood education and care services that deliver a preschool program.
- The CD code associated with a post office box.
- The CD code associated with the head administration office, if this is not the location where the preschool program is delivered.
- Early childhood education and care services that do not deliver a preschool program.
Geographic location of organisation - ASGC 2010 (CD).
The geographic location of the service provider within a state or territory of Australia as represented by a geographical area code (CD).
Consistent with nominal definition.
Supporting data elements:
CD is derived using the following data elements:
Australian Standard Geographical Classification (ASGC)
- The ASGC has now been replaced with the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS). For 2011, the ABS requests that both ASGC (CD) and ASGS (MB/SA1) codes be provided in jurisdictional data sets, and that they are clearly distinguished.
Collection District (CD)
Standard Jurisdictional Output Categories
- The CD was the smallest geographic area defined in the ASGC. CDs served as the basic building block in the ASGC and were used for the aggregation of statistics to larger ASGC areas, and some non-ASGC areas, such as Commonwealth and State electoral divisions. CDs are represented by a seven digit code and are derived from the data elements outlined above in the supporting data elements list. CDs have now been replaced by Statistical Area Level 1 (SA1), within the new geographic standard, the ASGS.
NNNNNNN, for example: 1129001
Maximum character length:
1999899 - New South Wales: undefined CD
2999899 - Victoria: undefined CD
3999899 - Queensland: undefined CD
4999899 - South Australia: undefined CD
5999899 - Western Australia: undefined CD
6999899 - Tasmania: undefined CD
7999899 - Northern Territory: undefined CD
8999899 - Australian Capital Territory: undefined CD
9999899 - Other Territories: undefined CD
2.4.6 LEGAL VALUE CHECKS
Guide for Use
|Edit specifications||Edit resolution |
|If field is blank.||Provide a valid CD code, otherwise default to state/territory specific CD undefined code.|
|If field contains text or character length is greater than 7.||Provide a valid CD code.|
Unknown CD codes
- Code the geographical location (CD) where the preschool program is delivered using the service provider’s address line, postcode, suburb/town/locality name and state/territory.
For use when the address of the service provider is not known or incomplete and unable to be coded to CD, or where the jurisdiction is unable to accurately code to CD. Where address information is unknown, the ABS requests that jurisdictions identify the reason for the unknown response and document any follow-up processes undertaken.
Related URL data element: Geographic location of organisation - ASGC 2010 (Collection District).