PRESCHOOL PROGRAM ENROLMENT INDICATOR
Technical name: Child - preschool program enrolment indicator, yes/no code N
METeOR identifier: 436126
METeOR link: http://meteor.aihw.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/436126
METeOR definition: An indicator of whether the child was enrolled in a preschool program, as represented by a code.
Inclusions: All children enrolled in a preschool program.
Exclusions: Children not enrolled in a preschool program.
Concept: Preschool program enrolment.
Nominal definition: A child that has been offered a place in a preschool program and is actively attending.
Operational definition: Consistent with nominal definition.
Supporting data elements:
Standard Jurisdictional Output Categories
- A child is considered to be actively attending if they have attended a preschool program for at least one hour in the reference period or were absent during the reference period due to illness or extended holiday leave, but were expected to return.
N, for example: 1
Maximum character length:
9 - Not stated/inadequately described
2.1.10 LEGAL VALUE CHECKS
CODE 1 Yes
|Edit specifications||Edit resolution |
|If field is blank.||Provide a valid preschool program enrolment indicator, otherwise amend to code ‘9’.|
|If field contains text or character length is greater than 1.||Provide a valid preschool program enrolment indicator.|
|If indicator is not code 1, 2 or 9.||Provide a valid preschool program enrolment indicator.|
Record if the child
- has attended a preschool program for at least one hour during the reference period, OR
CODE 2 No
- was absent during the reference period due to illness or extended holiday leave but was expected to return.
Record if the child:
- was not enrolled in a preschool program, OR
CODE 9 Not stated/inadequately described
- was absent during the reference period and not expected to return to the preschool program.
For use when the child's enrolment in the preschool program is unknown, not stated or inadequately described. Where this data element is unknown, the ABS requests that jurisdictions identify the reason for the unknown response and document any follow-up processes undertaken.
Related aggregate data elements: Number of preschool program enrolments.