Community Services, Australia (cat. no. 8696.0)
The scope of the survey was all employing businesses and organisations classified to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC):
The objective of the survey was to provide the fundamental base line data necessary to understand the nature and structure of the Residential and Non-Residential Care Services industries, in terms of income, expenditure and employment, to enable comparison with other industries and to provide a benchmark for measuring change over time.
Published data reflects a range of standard outputs including:
- Class 8722 Residential Care Services; consisting of businesses/organisations mainly engaged in providing care accommodation or homes for the disadvantaged persons where nursing or medical care is not provided as a major service. It also includes organisations providing corrective services for juvenile offenders.
- Class 8729 Non-Residential Care Services; consists of businesses/organisations mainly engaged in providing welfare services. This also includes fundraising services for welfare purposes.
- sources of income
- items of expenditure
- characteristics of employment
- number of volunteers and hours worked
- selected statistics by organisation size
State/Territory data is available.
FREQUENCY OF DATA AVAILABILITY
The Community Services Survey was conducted in respect of 1995-1996 and 1999-2000. In addition to the Residential and Non-Residential Care Services industries the collection covered the Child Care, Nursing Homes and Accommodation for the Aged services industries.
ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
For information on other related products and services visit the Product Information page.
Return to Health and Community Services Industry