Technical name: Service provider organisation - organisation identifier, X(15)
METeOR identifier: 397155
METeOR link: http://meteor.aihw.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/397155
METeOR definition: A unique identifier assigned to each service which delivers child care or preschool services to children.
Inclusions: A unique identifier for each service provider, for all early childhood education and care services that deliver a preschool program.
- Identifiers assigned to the registered business or the organisation operating the service, if different from the preschool program provider.
- Early childhood education and care services that do not deliver a preschool program.
A unique identifier at the national level, assigned to each service that delivers a preschool program.
A unique identifier at the state or territory level, assigned to each service that delivers a preschool program.
Supporting data elements: Organisation name
- The organisation identifier is used to enable accurate identification of the service provider.
- The organisation identifier may be used to identify records that require follow-up with service providers to resolve data queries.
- The nominal and operational definitions differ as there is currently no uniform method for assigning the organisation identifier. States and territories are advised to adopt a consistent approach to assigning identifiers within their jurisdiction.
Standard Jurisdictional Output Categories
- Further information on the collection of this data element will be provided prior to the 2012 National ECEC Collection.
Format: X(15), for example:
Maximum character length:
2.2.1 LEGAL VALUE CHECKS
Guide for Use
|Edit specifications||Edit resolution |
|If field is blank.||Provide a valid organisation identifier.|
|If character length is greater than 15.||Provide a valid organisation identifier.|
- The identifier should include components that identify the main service type, state/territory and an individual number for each service.
- The identifier should be reported for the location at which the preschool program is delivered. A discrete identifier should be supplied for each preschool program operated as a separate campus or 'satellite' of a parent service provider organisation.
Related aggregate data elements: Organisation identifier
- All individual caregivers working for family day care/in-home care services should be provided with the same service identifier as the service in which they work.