- In 2004-05 sport and physical recreation clubs, teams and sports professionals had the highest total income ($1,884.1m) of all those sport and physical recreation industries mainly providing services. However, it was also one of the two sport industries which recorded the lowest profit/surplus margin for 2004-05 (3.7%), the other being horse and dog racing (2.7%).
- The industry with the largest operating profit/surplus in 2004-05 was sport and physical recreation support services with $85.7m (15%). The next highest profit/surplus levels were recorded by other sport and physical recreation venues, grounds and facilities with $90.1m (8.1%).
- The total income of toy and sporting good manufacturers in 2006-07 was $520.0m and operating profit was $29.0m (5.7%). Employment at the end of June 2007 was 3,564 people.
- The total income of toy and sporting good wholesalers in 2005-06 was $3,517.5m and operating profit was $253.7m (7.3%). Employment at the end of June 2006 was 8,336 people.
- Sport and camping equipment retailers recorded retail sales of $2,270.3m in 2005-06, while for marine equipment retailers the corresponding figure was $1,103.2m. At the end of June 2006, there were 18,558 people employed by sport and camping equipment retailers and 4,039 people employed by marine equipment retailers.
This page last updated 19 December 2012