APPENDIX C NEW ZEALAND REGISTER OF QUALITY ASSURED QUALIFICATIONS
The five skill levels in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) are defined in terms of formal education and training, previous experience and on-the-job training.
In New Zealand, the formal education and training component is measured in terms of educational qualifications as set out in the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications, Te Ahurutanga (the Register). This appendix outlines the Register in practise at the time of the development of ANZSCO.
The Register is a comprehensive list of all quality assured qualifications in New Zealand. Qualifications are quality assured by a recognised approval and accreditation body, and are automatically included on the Register. They can be viewed and compared on the KiwiQuals website.
The Register is the result of extensive consultation and has the support of the New Zealand Vice-Chancellors Committee, the Association of Polytechnics in New Zealand and the Association of Colleges of Education in New Zealand.
PURPOSES OF THE REGISTER
The Register has a number of key purposes. They are to:
- identify clearly all quality assured qualifications in New Zealand
- ensure that all qualifications have a purpose and relation to each other that students and the public can understand
- maintain and enhance learners' ability to transfer credit by the establishment of a common system of credit
- enhance and build on the international recognition of New Zealand qualifications.
INFORMATION HELD ON THE REGISTER
The following information is held on the Register:
- title of the qualification
- level at which the qualification is registered
- outcome statement attached to the qualification
- credit requirements of the qualification
- subject classification
- qualification developer/provider details.
THE REGISTER'S QUALIFICATIONS
The Register has ten levels and comprises qualifications that are registered according to an agreed set of title definitions.
This page last updated 25 June 2009