Veterinary Services, Australia (cat. no. 8564.0)
The objective of the survey is to provide the fundamental base line data necessary to understand the nature of the veterinary services industry and to provide a benchmark for measuring change over time.
The scope of the survey is all private veterinary service businesses on the ABS Business Register classified to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industry Classification (ANZSIC) Class 8640 Veterinary Services. This class comprises businesses of registered veterinary practitioners and also includes businesses mainly engaged in operating animal hospitals.
The tables in the publication include:
- income breakdown by source, including by broad type of treatment and sales of merchandise (eg drugs, pet foods, accessories)
- detailed breakdown of expenditure
- characteristics of employment
- location of establishment
- State data (practices, locations, employment, wages and salaries, total income)
- performance ratios
New South Wales
FREQUENCY OF DATA AVAILABILITY
Data was collected in respect of the 1999-2000 financial year. It was the first time this industry has been surveyed.
ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
For information on other related products and services visit the Product Information page.
Return to Health and Community Services Industry