The Census of Population and Housing provides a wealth of information about Australia's population and the dwellings in which we live. The next Census is scheduled for 9 August, 2011.
Planning is well underway for the 2011 Census output program. We are committed to releasing the results of the Census through a wide range of products and services designed to make it easy for you to access the data you need.
The first results from the 2011 Census will be released in June 2012.
The key goals of the 2011 Census output program are to:
The release of this information paper marks the start of a wide consultation program. We encourage you to read through the proposals in this paper and visit ABS Betaworks for a glimpse of what the products might look like. While you are there, please complete the short on-line survey and give us feedback. Your input will ensure that we continue to develop our output products so they meet your data needs.
We will be conducting user information sessions around Australia later this year to discuss our proposals with you in more detail. Please come along in person and share your views on the proposed 2011 Census output product range. Session times will be advertised on the ABS website.
Thank you in advance for your input and support for the 2011 Census.
- provide high quality data in a timely manner
- make the data available through a wide range of products to suit the varying needs of clients
- deliver rich applications early in the output cycle to maximise the value of the data
- use the internet as the primary channel for dissemination so we can reach the widest possible audience
- make improvements to the stability and speed of our on-line applications
- use state-of-the-art maps for navigation and visualisation of Census data
- ensure Census results are available to all users in a fully accessible web environment
- make it easier to navigate your way around our website and find what you need.
This page last updated 29 July 2010